The journey of how the Savior ignited one woman with a passion to bring hope to the fatherless, and how He can add You to the equation!































Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hello everyone! I hope you've had a wonderful day of worship and rest. Again, I'm sorry that I have been very present this past week. This week I will be pretty sporadic in blogland, as well. Things are pretty hectic!

I have been reading the most amazing book by Beth Guckenberger, co-founder of Back2Back Ministies.



Have you read Reckless Faith? If not, you must! It's full of stories of God's grace, examples of His fiathfulness and protection for the orphan, and how we can live our life with abandon. I can't say enough good about it!

I was reading from it yesterday, and wanted to share an excerpt that describes an orphans world beautifullly. It is tragic, but needed to be said and shared. I hope you'll read on!

"Later that same fall, while hosting a team from the States, I try to explain...'We need help with the children's hearts. There is nothing for the gospel to be planted in. We don't just need to cultivate the soil; we need to add soil so the seed has someplace to take root.'
...I grab a piece of paper and begin.
 'Imagine that this piece of paper is the heart of an orphan. Every one of them has been abandoned or abused. There is no exception. For some, they don't remember the day they were dropped off; they just slowly grow up with the realization that they lived differently than other children....



For others, however, they do remember the moment they were left behind, and usually it starts with a lie. They are told they are going to a fair or a carnival, so they skip off the bus or jump out of the taxi and run toward the other children...Then sometimes later on that night, it hits them....
'Whenever that first moment of abuse or abandonment happens, it's like ripping a heart in half.' I rip the paper, 'Then, after that first trip, more start coming.
'You are the orphan kid in school [rip]. You aren't invited to someone's birthday part [rip]. You don't feel good and no one cares [rip]. It's your birthday and no one remembers [rip]. It's visitation day and no one comes to visit [rip]. It's visitation day and someone comes to visit, but they only end up walking away [rip].


'You don't play sports or go to school plays because there isn't anyone to pay the fees or cheer you on or pick you up [rip]...
'With each rip the heart gets smaller and smaller and harder and harder, so it's no wonder that when I told that girl, 'God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life,' she gave me a look that said, 'Great plan.  I don't wany anything to do with a God who had this in mind.'"

I hope that you've read this with an open heart and open mind. All of these orphans carry burdens their little hearts and bodies were never intended to bear. I hope this excerpt will awaken your spirit and call you into action. Have a blessed week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment